Okay, now that my daughter has started to feel better (and by that I mean started looking better), I’ve had some time to think about myself. I feel like I’m still such a frizzy, frazzled mess these days, I’m generally happy to welcome any distractions especially when it comes down to thinking of ways to better myself. I’m not sure who started this craze, but like I don’t have enough shit to do around the end of the year, I have to stop, think and resolve to do something for the following year? This is also my first year writing it down, and I’m not so thrilled about the idea of resolving to do something, and then having all my unfinished business in writing and archived for me to feel bad about.
However, in the spirit of the New Year, I do have some things I’d like to accomplish (aka resolve to do), so here’s my list of what I hope will be reasonable, achievable goals for 2011:
- #1. Don’t be so soft. “Susan, do you mean you cry at anything, like Ikea Commercials?” No. I mean I don’t want to be so soft and squishy. I’m now at a comfortable weight, and I wouldn’t mind losing another 10lbs but that also might require I purchase smaller clothes which I do not have the budget for…so since I lost 55lbs since birthing my last child and I am now considered by doctors to be well within an acceptable weight for my height, I think I’d be better focusing on firming up. I look like someone’s “before” plastic surgery picture. In my mind I look like someone took a fat person, poked them with holes, and deflated them. Loose skin is gross. So resolution numero uno is to firm up and quick looking so soft.
- #2. Visit a doctor and have my cholesterol checked. Last year I was given a life insurance quote based on information I provided over the phone such as my age, weight, medical history, but after they came and did a heath evaluation, they raised my monthly premium from $22 to $47 per month based solely on my total cholesterol. Apparently, I have the same total cholesterol as a 642lbs man. Who would have known? I haven’t bothered to get that checked again, so before I have a heart attack I think it’s in my best interest to be sure that it has come down a bit.
- Stop cursing. Don’t say words like “shit, damn, asshole and especially fuck.” Let’s be serious, that’ll never happen. I’m at least hoping to stop doing it in front of my parakeets kids.
- Get organized. Perhaps one day, if I can’t think of anything else to write about, I’ll photograph my shame, I mean closet. Thank God it’s located upstairs and out of view from company. I’m afraid it’s the first symptom in the “hoarding” disorder. Anyone else can’t help but watch that show? It gives me nightmares.
- Do one frivolous thing for myself this year. Like get rid of Tom Selleck or get rid of… Tom Selleck. Seriously, I’m 32 and I have a grown man’s 1980′s icon growing above my upper lip. He must be stopped. By the way, I’m now accepting sponsorship for laser hair removal. Will pay own travel expenses.
Well, I think that’s enough for now…I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself. Maybe I’ll even update this later in the year….who am I kidding? Not likely.
Wishing you all a prosperous & happy New Year!