Kids generally mean well, but sometimes their compliments leave a little to be desired. Sure, they’re trying to say something nice, but there’s something that gets lost in translation between the kid’s mouth to the adult’s ears.
I could have a list a mile long, but these are some of my recent favorites…out of the mouth of (my) babes:
1. I’m sure glad that Moms are so soft!
2. Mom! Your silver (gray) hairs are so fancy!
3. You’re pretty smart, Mom. When I get to be 63, I hope I’m as smart as you!
4. My favorite shape is a circle because that’s the same shape as you!
5. Your butt looks just like a pillow pet.
6. Oh! Your dress is pretty…but you should probably try to do something nicer with your hair.
7. My Mom is a great cook. Her best dish is Mac&Cheese in a box. (on a card from preschool)
8. I like your mustache much better than Dad’s. Yours is soft and his is prickly.
9. Mom! Please don’t sing, it hurts my ears. Don’t worry though, you’ve got moves like Jagger! You can just dance!
10. You’re lucky to have a baby bump even though you don’t have a baby in your belly. They’re popular!
Further proof Mother Nature designs little kids to be so cute for a reason…
How about some holiday themed insults? Check out 8 (more) Insults from Kids for the Holidays!
Check out Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures (non) crappy cartoon version of a few of these!
What well meaning yet totally insulting compliments have your kids given to you? Leave me a comment!