I love a good song parody, and I’ve even written a few like Smells like Summer Vacation (to Nirvana’s Smells like Teen Spirit).
Sort of like a parody, I also like changing around slogans to make them apply to being tired, 30-something Mom.
I played around with some popular advertising slogans and here are a few of my favorites Slogan Parodies:
1. “Between love and madness lies…Motherhood.”
Original by Calvin Klein – Between love and madness lies…Obsession
2. “Toddlers… Everywhere you want to be!”
Original: Visa… Everywhere you want to be!
3. “Wine… makes mouths happy!”
Original: Twizzlers…makes mouths happy!
4. “Nothing outlasts the toddler! It keeps going, and going, and going…”
Original: Nothing outlasts Energizer! It keeps going, and going, and going…
5. “Built tough…Moms.”
Original: Built tough…Ford.
6. “Life’s messy. Get over it.”
Original: Life’s messy. Clean it up. Bissell
7. “Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s Botox.”
Original: Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s Maybelline.
8. “There’s always room for V-O-D-K-A!”
Original: There’s always room for J-E-L-L-O!
9. “Coffee…it does a body good.”
Original: Milk…it does a body good.
10. (For all the first time parents who had parenthood all figured out before they actually had kids) “Expect more…settle for less. Parenthood.”
Original: Expect more, pay less. Target.
11. (Muttered by mothers across the globe) “Give me a break, give me a break, no seriously, I need a break.”
Original: Give me a break! Give me a break! Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar!
What about you? Do you have any parenting slogans? Leave me a comment and let me know how you like these!