Today is the 5th Anniversary of my 29th Birthday.
I’m reminded by people, mostly those who are older than me, that 34 isn’t so bad. They tell me I really shouldn’t complain, and basically that being in your mid-thirties is no big deal.
Then there are those who tell me that I’m only as old as I feel. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m not as sprite as I used to be. Honestly, I can’t even putting a little bounce in my step without running the risk of pulling something.
Now, God willing, I’ve got a lot of life left to live. Although I might not be over the hill, it’s just that the ascent to the top seems to be happening faster than I would prefer.
You want to know how I know this? Here’s how I can tell:
1. The last two pairs of shoes I’ve purchased were both made by Dr. Scholl’s.
2. I found my first gray eyebrow hair…I don’t even want to know what’s next.
3. I’m worried about getting enough fiber.
4. Gravity is no longer just a force that pulls two particles towards each other. As far as I can tell, Gravity is a force that will stop at nothing until my tits touch my toes.
5. My eyesight is failing. I am in denial. I finally admitted to maybe just needing a little extra magnification for reading so I purchased these snazzy glasses from Rite Aid (+.125) that I found while I was buying my fiber supplements.
6. My back goes out more than I do these days.
7. I haven’t been carded at the liquor store in YEARS.
8. “Maybe she’s born with it…Maybe it’s Maybelline…” Or more likely, it’s Botox…
9. With this body I could be a centerfold in a magazine…National Geographic.
10. Mom jeans: Are they really that bad??
Okay, that last one was a lie, but I live with the fear that one day I’ll wake up itching to wear my first pair.
How do you feel about aging? Is it really just a number? Or is that something we tell ourselves so we feel better on the anniversary of our 29th birthdays? Leave me a comment! I’d love to hear from you!
(Per the request of my some readers on Pinterest, here’s the graphic:)