I’m the first to admit that I’m not on the forefront of fashion.
I’m rarely wearing the latest trends, and I’m certainly not setting any new ones with the styles I wear.
But on occasion I do give some new trends a try (no, not just this time) that somehow quickly become fashion fails once I’m wearing them.
Sometimes I also need to learn to let old clothing go, regardless of if I wore the garments for function or fashion.
So what’s the reason?
Whether it’s trying new trends that are instant flops or not letting old styles die when they should, the reason is simple…
I lie to myself over and over and over again…
Here’s just a few of the fashion fibs that help me sleep at night:
1. Skinny jeans do not give my cankles upside down muffin tops.
2. Yoga pants are the new black.
3. No one will even notice that these jeans are actually maternity jeans!
4. These “boy short” underwear don’t look like granny panties at all, and they really accentuate the tops of my thighs!
5. I read that wine colored denim was in this Fall, and let’s be honest amidst all the lies for a moment, they had me at wine. The first thing I thought when I put on my fabulous new
purple wine-colored pants was just how differently my ass looks from Barney the giant-assed dinosaur’s bottom. No similarities to be found at all!
6. (A future lie I’m already planning) Pajama jeans…I should buy some to just wear around the house.
7. It’s all about accessories, and dammit! This hat looks fabulous! It’s almost close enough for another “Who wore it best?”
8. Zach Galifianakis is not my celebrity twin.
Do you tell yourself any clothing lies? Leave me a comment!