My family started a new holiday tradition several years back. Instead of picking names for a Secret Santa, with lovely gifts such as sweaters and scarves, we now do a White Elephant exchange where we buy hilarious gag gifts which we steal from each other (up to three times), and we laugh our asses off for hours.
It all started with one pair of men’s extra large thong underwear (you can read the back story here), and it’s given me a renewed sense of joy at the holidays. Second only to the look on my children’s faces Christmas morning, is watching my Uncle open up a shiny new pair of truck nuts, or seeing my Dad model his new Handerpants (underwear for your hands), and the anticipation I feel in opening my gift when my number is called.
I look for unique, funny and just plain weird gift ideas all year long for my White Elephant exchanges – Did I mention we do this on both sides of the family? On my quest for these odd products I come across more than my share of horrible gifts, and I’m sharing them with all of you – you’re welcome! So if you want to give the perfect gag gift, a crappy gift, or just find something funny, check out this year’s favorites (and see the bottom of the post for some more Bad Gift ideas):
1. Reversible Disco Hoodie $125.00 – Who doesn’t love a nice hoodie? If you want to give something a little snazzier than the same old gear, go for this reversible Disco deal! If you really want to jazz it up check out the matching vest, shorts and bikini top. Look out – the Holidays just got HAWT!
2. Bacon Soda $4.95 or 6 for $24.95 – No, not baking soda, Bacon Soda. Now I love bacon as much as the next girl, maybe a little more even, but there are some things I don’t want my bacon in – like perfume/cologne, coffee, wine and soda. However, if you want to give the gift that keeps on giving, check out their bacon of the month club!
3. Hand Knit Shorts $59 – First, let me just say that I have tried my hand at knitting, and I have not been blessed with the ability to do this type of craft. I really like a lot of hand knit items, but just because you can knit some things, doesn’t mean that you should. Case in point these “Sexy Men’s Cat Knit Shorts.” MEEEEEEOOOOOOW!
4. QTVan Camper Designed for Electronic Scooters $9000 – Unfortunately, not currently for sale in the US, this would make the perfect gift for anyone who wants to get the camper experience on a much smaller and much slower scale.
5. Ab Enhancer – Is this thing for real? I don’t know, but it is hilarious. I tried to buy one so I could test it on my squishy belly and take pictures, but I can’t find a link. It’s way too good not have on the list, even though it doesn’t appear to be for sale. (Thanks Amber D. for not letting this fantastic product pass me by!)
6. For the expectant parents, Statue of Your Growing Fetus $1250 – Over the last decade ultrasound technology has produced some awesome images that give soon-to-be-parents a 3D peak at what their baby looks like in the womb. Now for the low, low price of $1250 you can now have a 3D statue created of your unborn fetus in utero. If you’re thinking of gifting this, maybe just pay for a newborn photography session – this looks like something that should be in a doctor’s office, museum, or mad scientist’s laboratory! (Thanks Faith D. for sending me this great gift idea!)
7. Sock Sandals $7.95 – Are you really into fashion? Do you just love the Birkenstock and socks look, but don’t have the sandals? Well, for less than $10 you can get this classic look with the Sock Sandals! These socks have the sandals printed right on them!
8. Family Blankeez (For up to 8 People) $7.99 – You know what they say – the family, up to eight members, that wears a blanket together, stays together…and probably needs group therapy together too. (Apparently this is a prank pack, and you put your real gift inside – a shame because I was going to torture my kids with one of these)
9. Sauna Pants $39.95 – I featured the old sauna pants in a previous bad gift guide, but they had been off the market for years. It’s our lucky holiday though because they’re back by popular demand. Sauna Pants quite simply gives your abs, hips, butt, and privates a sweaty, heated sauna treatment! You can give the gift of swamp ass for less than $40! Wow!
10. Viking Edition Beard Head $29.95– Give the gift of warmth this holiday with the Beardhead! This is my personal favorite, and an odd product, but clearly awesome. I hope I get one (hint, hint).
Looking for more bad gifts? Check out these Terrible Gift Guides:
What do you think? Would you like to give or receive any of these items? Do you have any fun holiday traditions? Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from you!