This post might be more timely for you if I waited until just before Halloween; however, I was under the impression that my house might be haunted until I conducted a paranormal investigation…
Turns out my house isn’t haunted at all, and if anything, I could use some more spirits (nudge-nudge, wink-wink).
Every instance of ghostly activity was actually easily traced to the kids, but here’s why living with kids is just like living in a haunted house:
1. Something’s always waking you up in the middle of the night.
2. Objects such as keys, phones or remotes seem to move around and sometimes will even vanish into thin air.
3. Everything is covered in some kind of sticky ectoplasm.
4. Lights are always turning on and off.
5. Cabinets, doors and drawers that you know were closed are found completely ajar.
6. There seems to be a creepy presence lurking just beside you; it’s always there. You sense it in the bathroom while you’re taking a shower, but you don’t move the curtain. It’s there next to your bed while you sleep, and you don’t need to open your eyes to know it’s silently staring at you, mere inches from your face. Was that a disembodied hand under the bathroom door? You’re never even alone, not even when you’re trying to pee.
7. Ahhhh! There’s a bloody hand print running down the glass window! Okay, it’s not blood; the handprint seems to be comprised of ketchup and juice, but it still looks gross and sort of scary.
8. You hear loud thuds and bangs followed by total silence, and you’re completely terrified to go and see what could have made those sounds.
9. You’re afraid to close your eyes for a moment, even in the middle of the day (I know I am).
So what do you think? Have you ever lived in a haunted house? I have (well, technically it was a haunted apartment), and let me tell you, living with kids is much more terrifying. Leave me a comment & tell me what you think; I love to hear from you!