Inspired by this weekend’s premiere of The White Princess on STARZ, I’ve come up with some royal-ish decrees that I, should I ever find myself on a throne, I will make part of my kingdom immediately:
1. I hereby command that mornings shall not begin before 9:30am and until I’ve had at least two cups of coffee.
2. From this day forth, french fries are considered healthy.
3. Elastic is the new national fabric. Furthermore, yoga pants and leggings shall be worn whenever and wherever women choose.
4. Afternoon naps for anyone under the age of three is mandatory – also for anyone over the age of three.
5. Mondays have hereby been cancelled.
6. SPANX are outlawed.
7. Wine now pairs with anything.
Although I know I won’t likely be sitting on a throne (other than the one in my bathroom) anytime soon, I thought I’d throw these decrees out there, you know, just for the hell of it. As I mentioned, this is all inspired by the new STARZ show, “The White Princess.”
Drawn from the novel of the same name by Philippa Gregory, “The White Princess” is a tale of power, family, love and betrayal, charting one of the most tumultuous times in British history uniquely from the point of view of the women. The tempestuous marriage between Elizabeth of York (Lizzie) and King Henry VII, officially marks the conclusion of The War of the Roses, but the real battle for the throne is far from over.
Check out the trailer:
Don’t miss The White Princess premiere on 4/16 at 8P. Click here to download the Starz app now and start your free trial!
Try taking ‘The White Princess’ Quiz below, and see if you’re worthy of the crown – plus earn bonus entries in the giveaway. Unfortunately, I didn’t pass; although given my propensity to turn into a evil overlord while playing games like Monopoly, I sort of knew this already. Take the quick quiz and let me know how you fared!
As if the new show wasn’t awesome enough, you can enter to win a ‘White Princess’ Prize Pack from STARZ!
Since I don’t have have an honorary crown, I’m pre-gaming with this ‘White Princess’ stemless glass. Enter to win yours with other fun swag below!
This was a sponsored post where I received product or compensation in exchange for a blog post. All opinions expressed here are my own.