The holidays are my favorite time of year, but thats not to say its all fun and games. In fact, despite all the holiday cheer, its probably one of the most stressful times of year too which is why I turn to Natrol 5-HTP for a 100% drug-free way to promote a calm and relaxed mood.
Natrol 5-HTP helps reduce occasional stress and anxiety by enabling the bodys synthesis of Serotonin, the chemical messenger that greatly helps in enhancing mood.
Since its drug free and can be taken as needed, Ive got Natrol 5-HTP on standby for some of the seasons most stressful situations:
- Ho, Ho, Noooo! Is there anything that can burst your happy holiday bubble faster than waiting in that eternally long line for pictures with a mall Santa? The kids stuck in line with you are usually snot-nosed, crying, or pitching fits, and personally Id skip this situation altogether, but my eight year old still wants to ensure her Christmas requests are taken right to the top. So this year while she anxiously waits to read her list to the big guy and I try my best to avoid the flu or a migraine that will last til Christmas, Ill try to pack my patience just in case.
- Holiday Shopping Speaking of malls, whether it be on Black Friday or any other day from then until Christmas, theyre a great place to lose every drop of your Christmas Spirit. I can usually feel my merriment waning as soon as I turn in and begin the arduous search for a parking space. By the time I find one and hike the 3 miles into the mall, Im already starting to feel agitated. Its never a quick trip during the holidays either, even if you go in knowing what youre looking for, from the mall slow walkers, to the in-store search for remaining sale items to the longer than long register lines, malls are where the Christmas Spirit goes to die. This year Ill try to keep my spirits up before I go.
- Turkey Table Talk Theres nothing that makes me more thankful then relatives who know not to bring up certain topics at dinner, but theres usually one or two that cant help treading into impolite waters. So rather than engage, Ill be politely asking for someone to please pass the potatoes.
- Decking the Halls I love decorating for the holidays, but inevitably my patience and cheer are usually tested here too. Whether its bulbs on the fritz, decorations that break, or entire Christmas trees that topple (Im looking at you Christmas 2016), keeping up the cheer can be tough when a hundred little things are going wrong. So while Im untangling that 80 foot ball of lights from last year who packed this stuff anyway? Ill be chilling out in the corner.
- Suppertime Sunsets When its pitch dark by dinner, it does something to me. The holidays make some of the darkest days of the year brighter for me, but sometimes all the Christmas cheer in the world isnt enough to chase away the case of winter blues that starts settling when every day is actually darker than the last. Last January and February I took 5-HTP to help with my winter blues, but this year Ill be taking them earlier to help chase them away sooner.
- Caroling, Concerts, Cookie Exchanges & more! Is it just me or are there somehow 9000 activities planned between mid-November and January 1st? Everyone and their mother has a Christmas party, cookie exchange or holiday happening this time of year and guess what? Were invited! As great as it is to see friends and family, I get anxiety just thinking about my calendar this time of year. I might need to sit down and plan out some downtimeor theres always next year!
- Hostess with the mostess Speaking of parties, Im in on the fun! It wouldnt be Christmas if I wasnt hand-wiping baseboards and cleaning behind huge pieces of furniture, you know all the places holiday guests wont be looking when they come for some festive fun! In addition to cleaning theres lots and lots of cooking I do oh, and usually cussing too! I dont have a particularly fussy family, so really the stress about hosting Christmas is all self-inflicted, so hopefully I can relax more so I can eat, drink and be merry with my guests.
So no matter what this hectic holiday season brings, Im hopeful that this year Ill be full of joy and cheer and not stress and anxiety. If you ask me, it really is the most wonderful time of year, and Id love to enjoy every minute of it. Since Natrol 5-HTP is drug-free and non-habit forming, its an easy choice for me. Its helped me through the winter blues before and this year Ill be having a calm Christmaswell, calmer anyway!
How do you chill out during the holidays? Leave me a comment, Id love to hear from you! And before you go, be sure to enter for some holiday cheer thanks to Natrol! Two lucky winners will receive a $50 gift card and Natrol 5-HTP!
*Statements not evaluated by FDA. Product not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Talk to your doctor before starting any new vitamins because Im not an expert, just a formerly seasonally stressed mom.
This has been a sponsored post where I received compensation or product in exchange for a post. All opinions expressed here are my own. Please do not start taking any new supplement without first consulting a doctor. I am not an expert or medical professional, and I can only speak to the experiences that Ive had with this product.