When most people think about Back to School Essentials, they think about pens and notebooks, backpacks and lunchboxes, but for me that’s just the tip of the iceberg. My essentials extend well beyond the classroom in a house with three busy school-aged kids. In fact, there are a few items that have nothing to do with school, but some of them are key in keeping me organized and others help me to simplify my days.
Moms like me aren’t the only ones who know about these other back to school essentials either; Farm Rich, who makes easy, wholesome, feel-good foods that you’re happy to serve and know folks are going to love, recently asked me to put together all those other items that I need to make this time of year a success for the entire family. Best of all, they’re sending one lucky winner (US ONLY), everything on my back to school essentials list – over a $300 value!
So just what are some of my back to school essentials? Take a look:
1. Anne Klein Perfect Large Tote – My kids are well beyond the age where I need to carry a diaper bag around, but that doesn’t mean a small purse will get me by either! After ditching the diaper bag, I became hooked on totes like this one from Anne Klien. It’s large enough to fit everything I need like my wallet, phone, even my planner, but it’s got plenty of room for snacks, crayons, random Legos and all the other kid stuff I find at the bottom of my bags. I know you’ll love it too!
2. 2014-2015 Mom Planner (+) Calendar (+) Weekly Schedule (+) Goal Setting Journal Organizer Agenda – Glance At A Yearly Monthly Weekly Daily Day Plan for Mom August 2014 to July 2015 – This one really goes without saying; if I didn’t have a planner/organizer/calendar, I’m pretty sure no one in my house would ever make it to any of our scheduled events. You might even find me just walking in circles somewhere too. This one is a little different from the one I carry, but it’s got a ton of great reviews, and it promises to keep you organized from August 2014-July 2015!
3. KIDS DAILY ACTIVITY ORGANIZER – 6 SHELF HANGING CLOSET (3) – I’ve got three kids, so I’m including three of these awesome daily kid’s activity organizers. It’s great for just planning the kid’s outfits for the school week or for staying on top of the week’s sports, scouts or whatever else you might get into! The kids are going to love it too!
4. Rolodex Collection Oval Supply Caddy – This might look like a simple desk accessory, but I can tell you it’s cut down on 3 kids asking “Where are the pencils?” by 100%. In fact, I have one on my desk, and I keep another with pencils, colored pencils, erasers, markers, crayons, glue sticks and a pair of scissors on the kid’s table. I’ll leave you to fill it with whatever you need, but trust me, it’s great having everything in one spot.
5. Board Dudes 17″ x 23″ Aluminum Framed Magnetic 3-In-1 Dry Erase Cork Calendar Board – Since I don’t like anyone touching my planner (Hey, I get to have at least one thing that’s just mine!), a calendar that has room for notes and a cork board for pinning tickets to events, coupons, field trip slips that need signed, etc. is absolutely essential. No one can say they don’t know what’s happening in my house – it’s all on the board!
6. Five Star 6-Pocket Expanding File – I love these things, seriously! It’s like a trapper keeper for adults. I use a new one at the start of every school year, and file everything from the school handbook, lunch calendar, back to school info for each classroom and more. Each kid gets their own section, and there’s plenty of room for organizing other papers you’d normally have in a pile on your desk.
7. Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel – I love a good slow cooker, and I this is the exact one I use myself! From Farm Rich Meatballs (and they’ve got several great varieties) to soups, whole chickens, casseroles and even desserts there is so much you can toss in one of these and just forget about it until dinner. There’s never a day when I don’t go to serve a crock pot dinner that I don’t take a moment to thank myself for doing it. You can check out some of my favorite pinned slow cooker recipes here too.
8. Farm Rich Snacks & Appetizers – The winner will receive a variety of coupons to enjoy products like America’s Favorite Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks , those delicious Farm Rich Meatballs I mentioned (Italian, Turkey and just plain old amazing varieties) which you can cook in the crock pot, stove or even the microwave, and get the taste of a Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ Meal without all the work (because a lot of nights, nobody’s got time for that)! Farm Rich makes easy, wholesome, feel-good foods that you’re happy to serve, so jazz up your side dishes, make a quick, delicious week-night meal, or serve these at your next Sunday football party for food everyone is going to love!
9. $100 Amazon.com Gift Card – We know every family has different needs, so we’re including a $100 Amazon Gift Card so you can grab any essentials you’re missing. Maybe it’s a shoe rack, or a cook book? Maybe you need some folders or clothes hangers? An office organizer or a key hook? We’ll leave it up to you to find on Amazon!
So beat the busy with my essentials list and Farm Rich Foods! You can see all the Farm Rich products on their website which also has product locator, recipes, coupons and more! Keep up with them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for the latest too!
Enter below for your chance to win – one winner will be chosen at random and will have 7 days to respond before a new winner is randomly selected. Winning notification will come from me at DomesticConsultants@gmail.com (might want to add that to your address book so it doesn’t go to spam). Contest will run through September 22, 2014, US Only please, and must have a valid address for shipping (no PO Boxes). Please read my full giveaways disclosure here. Good luck!
This was a sponsored post from Farm Rich where I received product or compensation in exchange for a post, but as always all opinions expressed here are my own.