This year I’m celebrating my 10th Mother’s Day, and looking back I’ve had some wonderfully memorable days! I’ve received gifts for Mother’s Day that I’ll always treasure like a necklace with my kid’s birthstones along with more macaroni necklaces than I can count. I’ve received framed photos and handmade pictures I’ll always love. I’ve dined on luke-warm meals in fine dining restaurants (because, kids), and I’ve feasted on my favorite take-out for my special day. We’ve hit the beach and we’ve hung at home, and every year my Mother’s Days have always made me feel loved.
Over the last ten years, what I’ve treasured most of all isn’t the actual stuff I get or the places we go to celebrate, it’s the effort my family puts forth to make me feel special on Mother’s Day. So even though I couldn’t eat the toast in bed because I’m gluten intolerant, or the flowers in a specially made pot was infested with some little gnats that bugged me for weeks, it’s the thought behind the gestures that makes me feel loved.
This year my family asked me what I wanted to do for Mother’s Day, and I came up with a few quick last minute gift ideas or small things that would surely make me feel appreciated on my special day (or any day, really).
- Rosie the Robot – I’m a little disappointed that science and technology haven’t brought us quite a far as I’d imaged in would in 2016. Sure, they’re coming out with self-driving cars now, we’ve got hoverboards (sort of), but where’s my Rosie the Robot? As a kid, I never worried about all the cleaning and upkeep required of adults because I was sure I’d have a Rosie to do all of that for me when I was an adult. Well here we are, and as good as I can get is a damn Roomba. Okay, if I have to settle a Roomba would be a great gift.
- A Personal Stylist – As a working Mom, I’ve got a lot going on every Monday through Friday. Not only am I responsible for dragging my own self out of bed and to work every morning, I’ve also got to make sure the three kids are awake, dressed, fed, and off to school. It’s no wonder I’ve left the house some days wondering, “Did I wake up like this or did I forget to brush my hair?” Maybe we’ll never know. Since we know a robot is off the table, maybe a human to help me pick out some matching clothes (that aren’t yoga pants and a tshirt), get my teeth brushed, eye brows penciled, and some hair style going other than the ‘messy mom bun,’ Mondays through Fridays in my pre-coffee hours, I’d be forever grateful.
- A Chocolate Fountain – Do I really have to explain this one? If anyone wants to make my birthday, Valentines, Christmas, Mother’s Day or any other day special for me, just show up with one of these and DAY MADE. In fact, I insist there’s one of these at my funeral after-party.
- A Cheese Fountain – Is this a thing? Cause I like cheese just as much (maybe a little more than) I like chocolate, and I’d be remiss if I didn’t at least suggest it.
- A helper monkey – Okay so the robot is far fetched, I know, and the personal stylist getting me put together every Monday through Friday probably isn’t happening either. Cue the helper monkey! I need one of these guys to at least help me out around the house. They could fetch the remote for me, or maybe learn to pour me a drink. I’d love to train one to bring me Cheetos or scoop some ice cream. Maybe they could even help with my hair?
- “A little peace and quiet and some help around the house.” When I was a kid and I asked my Mom what she wanted for any holiday or her birthday she would just say, “A little peace and quiet and some help around the house,” and at the time I thought that was a silly gift. Wouldn’t she rather have some earrings or a go out for a nice dinner or anything, but year after year this was always her answer, and she would always say that it was the same thing her mother would always ask for also. Honestly, I can’t say we ever gave this to her, and I’m not sure my aunt, uncles and mother ever gave it to my grandmother, either. Now that I am a mother though this little, silly gift would be huge and amazing, and as the women in my family have quietly asked for generations I too would flipping love a little peace and quiet and some help around the house.
- Cash Money – Dolla, dolla bills ya’ll! Some might argue that money for Mother’s Day would be such an impersonal gift, but I’d say parenting is expensive! That’s why I’m going to give three winners each a $25 VISA Gift Card! Entry form is below. PLUS, since I’m on the Luvs Motherboard, and I’ve got the scoop when it comes to more money-saving deals on diapers (one of the biggest early parenting expenses), I’m going to #SharetheLUV and tell you where you can save even more money on Luvs Diapers like in this Sunday’s newspaper (May 1, 2016) look for an insert from P&G with a Luvs coupon offering $2 of any one diaper pack. You can also visit http://www.coupons.com/brands/luvs-coupons/ to access a Luvs coupon of $2 off any one diaper pack. Print the coupon at home and use it at any mass, discount or grocery stores where Luvs Diapers are sold. Lastly, Download the free Ibotta app, available on iOS and Android, and search “Luvs” to unlock an exclusive $5 rebate. After downloading simply go shopping for your Luvs Diapers at any participating store, verify your purchases by scanning product barcodes and submitting a photo of your receipt, and save money and earn cash back! Your $5 cash back rebate will be deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours! Luvs also has the Luvs Money Back Guarantee: They feel so strongly that their diapers will keep your baby leak-free that they’ve guaranteed them! If you aren’t satisfied with the leakage protection of Luvs, they’ll refund your money. See their website, www.luvsdiapers.com, for details.
What are your favorite Mother’s Day memories? What makes Mother’s Day special for you? Leave a comment below, I love hearing from you, and you can also leave it on my Facebook page or tag me on Twitter/Instagram @NoDomesticDiva and use the hashtag #ShareTheLuv!
For the gift card giveaway, enter below (winners can be worldwide, notification of winners will be sent from DomesticDiva@DomesticConsultants.com within 48 hours of the contest ending. Winners will have 7 days to respond to the winning email, and if I do not hear back within 7 days, new winners will be selected. Ends May 8, 2016. No purchase necessary).
This has been a sponsored post where I received product or compensation in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed here, however, are my own. For questions or comments please email me at DomesticDiva@DomesticConsultants.com.