Bite Me (Cookbook)
Sisters Julie Albert and Lisa Gnat’s brilliant collaboration has cooked up some eye-grabbing art and photography mixed with witty and often hilarious writing, and oh yeah, and some mouth-watering keep-em-coming-back-for-more recipes! I sat down with this cookbook and felt like it was made for me! I have a passion for cooking, and perhaps more importantly, a passion for eating. Perhaps not the best choice for a stuffy serious chef, but for anyone who enjoys to cook (and eat) this is the cookbook for you. Even the Chapters in this refreshing cookbook are fun: Grab Me (Appetizers), Spoon Me (Soups), unDress Me (Salads), Respect Me (Vegetables), Crave Me (Pasta & Rice), Gobble Me (Poultry), Catch Me (Fish), Meet Me (Meat), Join Me (Brunch), and my favorite Fork Me (Dessert).
This isn’t one of those cookbooks filled with recipes that a)no one wants to make or b) no one wants to eat. Here’s some recipe titles to get your mouth’s watering (with good reason):
- Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips
- Double Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Coconut Lime Sticky Rice
- Oven Fried Chicken with Buttermilk Gravy
- Sizzling Tilapia with Sweet mango Salsa
- Grilled NY Steaks with Red Wine Sauce
- Gooey Monkey Bread with Carmel Glaze
- Naughty-Turned-Nice Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Chocolate Crusted Creamy Caramel Cheesecake
Okay. Those are just a few of my favorites; I have to stop before I start eating again. So run, don’t walk, and grab two copies of Bite Me. One for your favorite chef and one for you! The book is widely available, like through amazon:
Bite Me: A Stomach-Satisfying, Visually Gratifying, Fresh-Mounthed Cookbook and be sure to check out their Facebook page and blog too!