Did I ever mention that I developed an allergy to wheat about 8 years ago? Well, I did and it is horrible! I know what I’m missing and I’m sure not going to punish my family with my food disability. Truth be told, on a dish like this, I’ll use rice pasta and it still tastes ALMOST as good. Here’s the normal recipe though…one of my old favorites!
- One pound of Ziti (Penne Noodles)
- 3 cups of pasta sauce (I like using the Classico 5 Cheese if I don’t have homemade sauce on hand)
- 3 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 3/4 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees and cook pasta as directed on box. In a large bowl combine 2 cups of sauce, ricotta cheese, 2 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, egg, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley. Mix well and combine with drained pasta once it is finished cooking. Spoon into large casserole dish and top with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and remaining pasta sauce. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.