You know how I like to pretend I’m in advertising?
Well, I still haven’t been picked up by Clorox or Purell which is kind of surprising, but I’m keeping my creative mind sharp by playing around with some popular advertising slogans and gearing them towards real Moms.
I’ve added 9 new ones to my original parodies list from last year. See if any of these strike a chord with you:
1. Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s Botox.
Original: Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s Maybelline.
2. Toddlers… Everywhere you want to be!
Original: Visa… Everywhere you want to be!
3. Wine… makes mouths happy!
Original: Twizzlers…makes mouths happy!
4. Nothing outlasts the toddler! It keeps going, and going, and going…
Original: Nothing outlasts Energizer! It keeps going, and going, and going…
5. Built tough…Moms.
Original: Built tough…Ford.
6. Life’s messy. Get over it.
Original: Life’s messy. Clean it up. Bissell
7. Between love and madness lies…Motherhood.
Original by Calvin Klein – Between love and madness lies…Obsession
8. There’s always room for V-O-D-K-A!
Original: There’s always room for J-E-L-L-O!
9. Caffeine…it does a body good.
Original: Milk…it does a body good.
10. (For all the first time parents who had parenthood all figured out before they actually had kids) Expect more…settle for less. Parenthood.
Original: Expect more, pay less. Target.
11. (Muttered by mothers across the globe) Give me a break, give me a break, no seriously, I need a break.
Original: Give me a break! Give me a break! Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar!
12. 3T – Aggravation.
Original: 3M – Innovation.
13. Coffee. There’s no substitute.
Original: Porsche. There’s no substitute.
14. Pajama jeans. When you care enough to wear pants.
Original: Hallmark. When you care enough to send the very best.
15. Parenthood. It’s a Mind Game.
Original: Tag Heuer. Success. It’s a Mind Game.
16. Kids – We’ll drive you to the Edge.
Principal Financial Group: We’ll Give You an Edge
17. M&M’s – Melts in your mouth…and on your face, and the couch, and the chairs, and the walls, and the dog…
Original: M&M’s – Melts in your mouth and not in your hands.
18. Kids – The slower picker uppers.
Original: Bounty – The quicker picker upper.
18. SPANX – Get into it.
Original: Nintendo Game Boy – Get into it.
20. Stretchmarks are forever.
Original: De Beers. Diamonds are forever.
What do you think? Would you be buying what I’m selling? What would you add to the list? Leave me a comment, I love hearing from you!