In motherhood I’ve found an abundance of many things. There’s so much love, joy, laughter, laundry…
My cup doesn’t runneth over in all things, however.
Perhaps second only to a Mom’s lack of sleep is her near nonexistent sense of privacy.
For me there’s no place in my home that’s exclusively mine, and really there’s no place I can hide.
From the toilet to the shower, from my bedroom to my office there’s nothing I could be doing that would signal to anyone in this house, “Hey, we should let Mom (fill in the blank) and leave her alone until she’s done!”
Then one day my kids were playing in a fort they had made when I walked into the room. In unison the two younger kids called out, “Kids Club Only! No Moms allowed!”
That’s when it struck me…
I’d construct my own fort! I’d create a place just for Moms. I’d use their own words and logic against them.
And that’s exactly what I did.
As you can see when I was deciding what colors I wanted my club house to be, I decided instead to go with cork.
That’s over 2400 wine corks, in case you’re wondering!
Who says I’m not crafty?!
Now that you’ve seen the official hang out, I should mention there are a few rules:
Momz Club Rules
1. First rule of Momz Club is don’t talk about Momz club…especially not in front of the kids.
2. No kids allowed! #sorry #sorrynotsorry
3. Whining not permitted. Wine-ing, however, is encouraged.
4. No judging. Do you have an opinion on Moms who choose to stay at home with the kids? Those who work outside of the home? Want to tell us how you feel about Moms who breastfeed or those who choose formula? Those who helicopter or free range? Yeah. Don’t. Leave judgments at the door.
5. No SPANX. (No explanation necessary)
6. No Skinny Jeans. Although there isn’t an official uniform, we’re sporting lots of yoga pants (no actual yoga required), sweats or PJ pants. Maternity or anything elastic also acceptable.
7. “Uteruses before Duderuses” – ALWAYS.
8. No sharing snacks. Not only are you able to eat your snacks in the open, but while you’re within the safe walls of Momz Club, you don’t have to share anything if you don’t want to!
9. No laundry.
10. Bras Optional.
What do you think? Want to come hang at the Momz Club?