I have always had a love/hate relationship with Autumn, and although there’s plenty to love about the season, I’m also always saddened to see my favorite season, Summer, coming to a close.
In a deliberate effort to enjoy the coming months, I’ve made a list of all the things I do to help me make Autumn an awesome season!
1. Goodbye, Bikinis! Hello, Ponchos! – Okay, so maybe I wasn’t quite bikini ready this summer (or any the last 18 years), but my poncho body is on point! Personally, I’m a huge proponent of loving what you’ve got, but I find it so much easier to let it all hang out (under a poncho) in the Fall. If bikinis, short-shorts, or crop tops are your thing, more power to you, but my Fall wardrobe is where it’s at for me.
2. I embrace my
inner outer Sasquatch – I could have started this one with Goodbye, Razor! Hello, Pants! but I was trying to avoid sounding redundant. Either way, for someone like me who has to shave daily, especially because summer’s here require daily swimwear for the beach or the pool, I’m happy to retire my razor (or at the very least bench it for a few days a week) when I break the leggings and pants out.
3. Hello, Darkness my old friend; let’s get into a sleep pattern again – So that’s not exactly how the song goes, but trust me when I tell you after having no routine for bedtime all summer, I need some help getting back into a normal sleep pattern. With my summer bedtime varying from 10pm to 2am, that’s be easier said than done. For me, it’s not just a matter of going to bed at a certain time, it could actually take me months to get back to a normal sleep pattern on my own. This is when I turn to Natrol’s Melatonin, *a 100% drug free and non-habit forming way to get a better night’s sleep. Our body’s use Melatonin to manage the sleep and wake cycles, and when I take Natrol’s Melatonin I find that I’m falling asleep faster, staying asleep longer (sometimes through the whole night like a big girl), and I even manage to wake up feeling well rested. I’ve also seen the difference in not just how I feel, but how my well my body responds by seeing real results from my FitBit. My FitBit Charge HR2 tells me how long I slept each night and also how restful my sleep was. On the night’s where I take Natrol’s Melatonin, the sleep is longer in duration and better in quality from night’s where I don’t take it. Natrol makes their Melatonin in a variety of formulas to fit your needs – gummies, fast dissolve, time release and tablets. Getting back to a normal sleep schedule is just one more reason to love Fall.
4. BACK.TO.SCHOOL. – Speaking of schedules, I’m not the only one around here benefiting from some routine. As much as I love having my kids home with me (really, I do), there’s nothing like the familial joy that comes from having a set schedule. By the end of August this place was looking more like some weird adaptation of Lord of the Flies.
5. Fall TV – If I can’t be sitting by the ocean or lounging poolside, I might as well be curled up on my couch being thoroughly entertained by my favorite TV shows. This year I can’t wait for new, old favorites like Will & Grace, This Is Us, The Walking Dead, Outlander, and so many more.
6. Cover it up! No, I’m not talking about clothes, I’m talking about my grill! It’s time to toss the cover on the grill and feed my poncho body with some of my favorite C’s of Fall: Casseroles, Crockpot recipes and Candy!
7. Time to let my hair down – No, really. After months of relentless humidity, I can finally release my hair from the messy bun it’s been trapped in since mid-April.
How do you do Fall? Love it or hate it? Leave me a comment and let me know! And before you go, enter this awesomely Autumn giveaway sponsored by Natrol. Enter to win some of Natrol’s Melatonin, a fabulous Fall gift basket and a $50 VISA Gift Card! Follow them on Instagram too!
*statements not evaluated by FDA. Product not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Talk to your doctor before starting any new vitamins because I’m not an expert, just a formerly exhausted mom.
This has been a sponsored post where I received compensation or product in exchange for a post. All opinions expressed here are my own. Please do not start taking any new supplement without first consulting a doctor. I am not an expert or medical professional, and I can only speak to the experiences that I’ve had with this product.